This course considers Esxi5, and beyond. The participant can ask for upfrading from Esxi4 to Esxi5 course, or upgrading from Esxi5 to Esxi6.
This is a hands-on training course that explores the newest features and enhancements in VMware vCenter Server™ 5 and VMware ESXi™ 5.
Real-world use case deployment scenarios, hands-on lab exercises, and lecture material teach the skills you need to effectively implement and configure VMware vSphere® 5.
This training course is recommended for participants who want to upgrade from Esxi4 to Esxi5 or to upgrade from Esxi5 to Esxi6 or simply deploy vSphere 5 into their existing data centre.
Participants who complete this course will be prepared for running an Esxi5 or Esxi6 based data centre.
• Discuss the key enhancements made to vSphere 5
• Determine when to apply increased maximum configuration allowances in vSphere 5.
• Configure new ESXi security and account management features.
• Apply vSphere 5 upgrade and deployment processes to ESXi and vCenter Server.
• Determine when to deploy the different VMware Platform Services Controller™ models.
• Discuss the differences between VMware vSphere® Client™ and VMware vSphere® Web Client in the.
vSphere 5 release.
• Upgrade virtual machines to virtual hardware version 11.
• Apply the uses and benefits of VMware vRealize™ Operations Manager™.
• Configure storage policies.
• Create and use virtual volumes.
• Allocate network resources by using VMware vSphere® Network I/O Control.
• Migrate running virtual machines between vCenter Server instances by using VMware vSphere® vMotion®.
and VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™.
• Discuss the key enhancements made to VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance.
Introductions and course logistics.
Course goals and objectives.
Online vSphere resources.
Location of online vSphere documentation.
Discuss vSphere 5 feature enhancements.
Describe how vRealize Operations Manager is used to manage the software-defined data centre.
Discuss the differences between vSphere 4 and vSphere 5 installation process.
Confirm the system requirements for each component of vSphere 5.
Determine which vCenter Server deployment mode is required.
Discuss the vSphere 5 upgrade process.
Discuss vSphere 5 installation media.
Determine the correct database option for various deployment scenarios of vSphere 5.
Discuss the enhancements to vSphere 5 scalability and performance.
Discuss the additional features to support hot-plug and SMART solid-state drives.
Discuss the improvements to lockdown settings.
Discuss how virtual hardware 11 extends virtual machine resource configurations.
Discuss how hot-add memory is distributed across NUMA nodes in vSphere 5.
Discuss VMware vSphere® API for Storage Awareness™.
Configure storage-based policies.
Discuss share reservations and file locking.
Discuss the benefits and effects of NFS 4.1 with vSphere.
Discuss Kerberos and Remote Procedure Call (RPC) header authentication.
Discuss VMware vCenter™ Single Sign-On™ authentication process.
Discuss new features of vSphere 5 Certificate Authority.
Discuss certificate-based guest authorization.
Discuss how ESXi hosts and vCenter Server communicate securely over SSL.
Describe changes for ESXi certificate replacement.
Discuss upgrading the vSphere License Service.
License ESXi 5 and vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client.
Work with Network I/O Control.
Upgrade Network I/O Control to version 3.
Enable network resource management on a vSphere distributed switch.
Configure bandwidth allocation for system and virtual machine traffic based on shares, reservations, and limits.
Discuss how IPv6 is supported in the vSphere 5 release.
Discuss enhancements made to vSphere vMotion.
Migrate virtual machine across vCenter Server instances by using vSphere vMotion.
Discuss the multiprocessor fault tolerance features and symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) capabilities in vSphere 5.
Discuss the benefits of VMware vCloud® Air™.
Describe how vCloud Air integrates with vSphere 5.
Cumhuriyet Cad. No:5
Floor 5 - Taksim
+90 (553) 743 83 69
You can also reach us via VOIP
Do not hesitate to send your inquiry